Posted by ScooterDevil on November 21, 18 at 18:35:14:
1. This is the deepest, most talented team since the early 80's teams. And they are the most athletically gifted team in ASU history and it is not even close.
2. We don't have to score 90 points to win and we can not just hold our own but dominate on the glass.
3. This clearly looks like a tournament team to me.
4. Kimani Lawrence is our best all-around player. I think our best 5 on the floor is Martin, Edwards, Lawrence, Cheatham, and Lake.
1. I love our ability to play defense. But we still have slides where we give up too much to the basket. I would like to see us actually be less aggressive on the ball and focus on stopping penetration with better lateral movement.
2. We are not a good shooting team. The only player with a smooth, repeating stroke from the arc is Lawrence. Edwards probably as well but I have not seen enough yet with all the games he has missed. It is hard to win this day and age with only a few three point shooters.
3. When Edwards comes back it will be interesting to see how minutes get distributed. Dort seems to be a favorite of Hurley's even though I think Edwards might be a better fit to play alongside Martin. Dort is strong enough though to get some of Lawrence's minutes at the 3. I envision a 1-3 rotation of Martin, Dort, Edwards, and Lawrence. Then the 4's are Cheatham getting the bulk of the minutes with Mitchel spelling him. The 5 being White and Lake splitting them fairly evenly. That leaves Cherry on the outside of that 8 man rotation. Don't think he will like that. I fear that Bobby will have a tough time distributing minutes to 9 players that expect and deserve them.
Post a Followup