Posted by BJDevil on November 09, 19 at 13:05:35:
In Reply to: Uniforms??? posted by Chandler Devil on November 08, 19 at 08:55:01:
...as long as it looks good and is clearly "ASU".
1) Nike's copper fuel (against ND). They were glorious. Perfect for the day. And then we saw them once.
2) Maroon and black fork helmets (in most traditional combinations). Look better than the gold fork helmets. It's too bad that the donor couldn't spring for all four colors (instead of two) for the new, allegedly safer helmets.
3) "Maroon Monsoon". Can be overdone, but looks sharp.
Honorable mention: All-whites (regular). They look sharp -- when they are winning. (When they beat UCLA a few years ago in Will Sutton's era in all-whites is a great memory.)
Worst non-traditional uni mistakes:
1) The flaming bowling ball helmets (also against ND). "Who the hell is that?", on HDTV is a bad sign. Totally flaming gay. Never again.
2) Black jersey and gold pants. Like Xdevil said, Iowa/Pittsburgh. Maroon trim didn't work. Ugly.
3) The all-white "sustainable" Cardinals look. Some disagree strongly, but I say burn 'em in a power plant and make some electricity with them.
- All-whitea (regular) - when they are losing (on the road).
- The Adidas knockoffs of the Nike copper look. They weren't horrible, but they sucked by comparison.
- The gold fork helmet. It suffers by comparison, and Sparky looked better on it.
Note that ASU is getting better with its uni combos overall. They went a little crazy early on, finding their way, but they're settling down into a groove now.
Post a Followup