Posted by BJDevil on November 09, 19 at 17:33:32:
That they were in the game at the end was amazing. 28-7 in the 1st. USC managed 3 more points the rest of the way. That was a hell of a turnaround.
* USC receivers made amazing clutch catches. ASU - not so much.
* Aiyuk will be an underrated, underused player in ASU history.
* I'm not sure if Jaydon Daniels starts that ASU wins because his backup played well. Four TDs and two INTs against USC - on his first start ever? The dude can play - and better than USC's backup.
* That last INT (a great play) hit the ground, IMO, (watch the DLineman's hand grab the ball when it came loose and touch the ground), but it was too close to overturn.
* Three plays defined this game:
1) The overturned pick-six (it was a good holding call against ASU),
2) Poor #87 (the TE) over the middle on the last drive. He makes that catch (the throw was perfect), he runs into the end zone untouched.
3) The biggest play: The missed extra point. That changed everything late. There's no dropped 2 point conversion by Darby, and the last drive is handled differently.
* Clay Helton will be fired by the end of the year, ala Paul Hackett in 2000, where USC also struggled to beat ASU. That firing led to the biggest renaissance in USC history... hopefully this next one won't lead to Pete Carroll II.
* Is Herm Edwards's demeanor and tone the reason this team comes out flat and needs to wake up? Strange...
Post a Followup