Posted by Slappy on November 19, 19 at 17:15:35:
In Reply to: All take a deep breath/step back -at least for now posted by massdevil on November 19, 19 at 09:15:21:
1) But he might not mature. Jackson was 25 pounds heavier as a freshman and more gifted physically. Perhaps this is as good as he gets?
2) Or by going for two, he negated the chance for the team to at least continue to play for the win. If they make the PAT, and hold defensively who knows what happens. OSU had only scored 7 pts in the second half and none in the 4th qtr. As much as I loathe Urban Meyer, he said Edwards' 2pt call was wrong. You play to win, but sometimes you can win in overtime.
3) In the two years he's been here, he's 12-11. His pro coaching record was 54-74. If they win out, they can have the same pre-bowl record as last year. Why would he somehow change into a winning coach? He might, but I'd guess his past doesn't make that seem plausible.
4) I'm not sure what you mean by getting out there? Ultimately, kids want to win. This program doesn't have that tradition or gravitas. It's being 23 years since the Rose Bowl, ...23 years. This program is average.
6) Why should they? Perhaps they've reached their physical limitations? Perhaps their coaching is sub-standard. Perhaps this is the last year playing. We can hope they'll get better, but maybe this is their collective best?
I'm not being a hater, but I believe you have to see it for what it is and not what you want it to be. Be objective, be critical. Has recruiting the numbers of highly rated recruits changed? Has overall play scheming improved? Has coaching been able to prepare the players to the highest possible levels consistently? Has coaching pit the players into a position where they can win or are the players seeming to always play catch up? I guess for me they question is this overall trend of this program, under the current coaching staff, moving up, moving down or screaming sideways..
Post a Followup