Posted by Kushman on January 01, 20 at 09:18:19:
The third year of a coach in a program seems to be the barometer or turn the corner season so let's hope 2020 is a big year for ASU. Here are some thoughts:
1) ASU has the marquee quarterback in Jayden Daniels to build around the kid only threw 2 int's & broke the school record for consecutive passes without an interception. I do concede that Jayden played poorly yesterday albeit with limited weapons in the arsenal. Daniels needs to gain 15 pounds in the off season (get the milkshakes churning in the blender and steak & potatoes on the menu) & hopefully new OC Zak Hill infuses some diversity & ingenuity into the offense. I for one am tired of vanilla offense.
2) The bottom line is ASU needs to improve dramatically on the OL period to make the improvement needed to elevate this program. It sounds like ASU will be signing a couple of grad transfer OL to steady the ship. Some of the younger OL's like Bell, Scott, & Lovell need to step up next year. A sixth year grant to Cade Cote would help immensely.
3) Hopefully help is on the way with a marquee running backs in DeaMonte Trayanum & Daniyel Ngata (Thunder & Lightning) along with the Four Horeseman WR group in 6'6" Johnny Wilson, Chad Johnson, Jr., Elijah Badger, & Lavon Bunkley-Shelton. I look for LB Jordan Banks, DT Omarr Norman-Lott, and DE Joe Moore to contribute right away on defense. I also think DB DJ Taylor will surprise.
4) The mentality on offense has to match the mindset on defense in that ASU needs to attack the opposition and create mismatches rather than play close to the vest games that become a nailbiter.
5) As far as special teams PK Cristian Zendejas was money again yesterday finished 23-27 in FG for this year when pressed into action. Hopefully P Michael Turk is coming back next year.
Post a Followup