Posted by ScooterDevil on January 06, 20 at 20:48:58:
In Reply to: Re: Stop the Bs posted by ASUSD1984 on January 06, 20 at 15:21:30:
1. No one has ever said that CBH has not elevated the program. He clearly has with recruiting and energy. Plus he schedules great. These are all positives.
2. This is far more than one horrible game. This is being 12-0 in the non-con only to go 8-10 and a very weak PAC-12 and barely squeak into the tournament. 2017-2018 I will even give him a pass as we really were not that talented and most of our top talent (Martin, White, Lawrence) was young. But last year we had eight 4* star players on our roster (Cheatham, Martin, Lawrence, Valtonen, Cherry, White, Plavsic and Dort). This year we have have six (and that doesn't include the #2 and #5 ranked JC players in the country). The talent is there. CBH is not developing it. With that talent we lost to Princeton, Washington State, and Utah embarrassingly at home last year. This year we have lost by 40 to St, Mary's and 30 to Arizona. And this is not even one of Arizona's good teams. No one on this team other than Martin and White seem to have or know their role. Cherry was the #38 recruit in the country two years ago and and he looks like one of Sendek's local 3* recruits.
3. At this stage shouldn't CBH at least have some semblance of a rotation figured out? Isn't that what the non-con is for? Yet Khalid Thomas and Elias Valtonen did not even play against UArizona. Mind you we were 3-21 from three, behind the whole game, and those are the only players on the team shooting over 40% from three. You don't find it a bit puzzling that CBH never put them in? It was like he forgot they were there.
4. IMHO CBH does not have the mentality to be an effective in-game coach at this time. During games he behaves, and I fear observes the game, like a fan. He is so caught up in winning and officiating that I think he forgets to call timeouts, and forgets about players. In the Washington State game last year we were behind 19 points and there were about 2 minutes left in the first half before he called his first TO. In the Utah game we went from up 19 to almost tied in the latter part of the first half without him calling a TO.
5. Yes CBH has invigorated the fan base with big wins. He brings energy to the fanbase and the team. And truthfully in games played mostly in transition, we can win. But if the game turns into half court execution, we have almost no chance to beat a team with anywhere near our talent level. And that is because we are one of the worst teams in the NCAA in half court execution and have been since CBH has been our coach.
Post a Followup