Posted by WalkerDevil on March 10, 20 at 16:21:44:
Now we are moving into 3rd season (Conference Tournament) I thought I would take a look back to see how teams did compared to predictions:
1. Oregon I believe I picked them first also. They were up and down some but finished at top and are # 1 seed in Tournament.
2. UCLA Prediction was Colorado second and I had them second or was it first? UCLA picked 8th but came on strong at end and but for loss at USC would have tied for first.
3. ASU and USC tied for 3rd. ASU picked 6th and USC 5th in preseason. ASU even first at one time. Maybe Sun Devils will start getting some respect next season. Washington was picked 3rd. Finished 12th. But in last week, playing like the top seed. Sorry cats you have to play them again. Could they win tourney? Maybe.
4. Arizona They ended up tied with Colorado for 5th. Really about where they should have been. Colorado faded at end of conference season. Will they pick it up in Tourney;
5. USC right where they were picked.
6. ASU See above, team I thought was better than predicted and showed in second half of season.
7. Oregon State. Tied for 8th with Utah and Cal.
8. UCLA Much better than predicted. I thought they could be a 7th place team. Wrong!
9. Utah Just about right. Young team good at home but not on road.
10. Stanford Finished 7th. Easy non conference schedule but were definitely better than 10th.
11. WSU 11th seed but I did see a better team than last year.
12. Cal Finished 10th. Team also better than pick.
Conference on the whole was better. Top to bottom probably best conference overall.
Post a Followup