Posted by BigRon on February 21, 21 at 10:08:35:
In Reply to: Unbelievable loss at UCLA posted by SeriousDevil on February 20, 21 at 22:27:51:
* After the last second miss by UCLA, the refs should have swallowed their whistles and let the players decide the outcome of the game. There were 8 players in a scrum for the rebound. Why pick on Lawrence for a foul?
* The lack of an inside game makes it easy to defend ASU in the critical last minutes of a game. UCLA packed the paint. An Alonzo Verge rebound at the 3:56 mark was the last ASU rebound of the game. They had only 2 rebounds in the last 5 minutes. The ASU 2 minute possessions were 4 three point misses and a turnover.
* Hurley loves Guard U. He gives his talented guards the freedom to improvise. But that seems to lead to very few set plays to run when the game hinges on a critical basket. Normally, set plays are designed to open a shooter AND to position a rebounder to clean up after a miss. But ASU has forwards running screens not knowing when a win-or-lose 3 pointer will be launched.
* ASU added 2 makeup games this week. This shorthanded team plays hard, but will be dead by the end of next week.
* House is fun to watch. The extra minutes have help his game. On defense, he goes balls out on every play. And he seems to be showing more patience in setting up his shot on offense.
* This is not the year to worry about win-loss records. Enjoy the hustle, watch young players develop and wait to see if Hurley can bring in some bigs for next year.
* I am going to miss Remy.
Post a Followup