Posted by HopHwyDevil on July 02, 21 at 09:52:52:
In Reply to: Thamel brings the heat posted by GoldenFloyd on June 28, 21 at 17:40:04:
I wonder if this is getting so much press for the following reasons:
1. ASU allegations/information was handed to them and made it easily available.
2. While no one may care much nationally about ASU (sadly) they were in on a number of national recruits with recruiting links to blue blood programs.
3. The ASU allegations give the NCAA the ability to talk to each of the recruits to get their side of the story.
4. Could an NCAA investigation talking with so many recruits lead to revelations about other more prominent programs? Who knows what could come out after 30+ teenagers start talking to save their eligibility.
5. While I doubt the NCAA wants to implicate a Bama or LSU - some reporters may be looking at this for the potential to get the scoop on a prominent program that did similar things (but maybe more carefully and less brazenly than ASU). The other potential angle I see here is the ability to further discredit the NCAA depending upon how they handle ASU vs. how others doing similar things are addressed.
In the end I want ASU to be successful, and I want to be proud of how my Devils do it. Sadly thatís in question right now. Hopefully the truth comes out and we can get past/through this quickly - would be very happy to find out this is a very small fire with a whole lot of smoke.
Post a Followup