Posted by Big Ron on September 01, 21 at 08:09:56:
In Reply to: ASU season wins over/under = 8.5 posted by Big Ron on August 28, 21 at 11:26:19:
Basically, Haller reports that there is lots of talent, but a few critical developments may detract from the seasonís outcome.
* The D-line talent is there to play next-man-up, but Lole is still a big loss. Omarr Norman-Lott needs to polish his technique and stay healthy.
* The receiving corps has not yet seemed to jell. The extended absence of Elijhah Badger has cost JD5 a reliable target. Bryan Thompson has been pretty quiet so far.
* Special teams are still unsettled. Itís hard to lose an All PAC punter like Turk. Nobody seems to have dominated the FG kicking duties.
* Injuries and illness has thinned out the O-line depth. A good starting line needs to stay healthy over a long season that is backloaded with tough games.
* And then there is that NCAA investigation thing.
* Haller: The Sun Devils have many of the things needed to compete at a high level, but game day atmosphere doesnít rank high on the list. . . . If Arizona State is to contend, Sun Devil Stadium will need to become a factor in the story.
Post a Followup